The Specialty Coffee Association has announced updated rules and regulations for the 2023 World Barista Championship (WBC). The changes include new scoring scales and adjustments to the weighting of categories, competitors can use plant-based or other animals’ milk in the milk beverage course, and they will have the option of brewing their espresso using a range of group head temperatures. The rules document also includes details on the WBC Teams Competition and WBC Team Bar, and the nine station layout options will return in 2023.
- 2023 World Barista Championship Rules & Regulations
- 2023 World Barista Championship Summary of Rules Changes
- Head Judge Scoresheet – Competition Body Events
- 2023 WBC Head Judge Scoresheet (Preliminary Round)
- 2023 WBC Head Judge Scoresheet (Semi & Final Rounds)
- 2023 WBC Sensory Scoresheet
- 2023 WBC Technical Scoresheet